Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's 2 days to go before we leave on our sabbatical adventure! I feel so very fortunate to be given this opportunity to explore, learn and begin an such an extravaganza! I think everybody should have this kind of opportunity to rejuvenate - lots of people work hard and deserve such a time for renewal. I am struggling to leave in many ways, leaving behind so many wonderful people - some of them ailing - and of course saying goodbye to Cleo (our cat) who is already sitting on my desk chair looking longingly - she "knows" - I can just tell!

I hope I will be able to post these blogs (short for "web-log" I found out!) - it only took me 3 hours to set it up - the prompter says a few minutes, but they don't know me obviously! The prompter also says no exclamation marks in the labels - too bad; I am such an exclamation person!!!!!!

I drove the Westfalia to the bank today - a brave ride - I think it makes Rip nervous when I drive it - that will pass quickly enough after a few thousand kilometres I am guessing!

Well, this is my first post and the count-down is on!

5 comments:

  1. Nice job getting your blog set up. I know you will have a great time and we are looking forward to following along as you make your way.

    Peter and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- happy campers ! I took an on-line course at the library last summer- learned about blogging but never had the chance to use it -
    checked back on my notes and I think I have it right- I am so happy & excited for both of you -have a wonderful time, God Bless-
    Carol (Eydt) (aka Rosie Blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! well done you on setting up the blog! i will be following your adventure(s) and sending out lots of positive prayer energy as you go. God bless and all good things, love Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....trying to get on board the blog adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did it ...now I want to see some pics of you guys relaxin

    ReplyDelete